COVID-19 Resources for Vulnerable/Elderly Residents
First and foremost we hope you and your loved ones are staying safe and healthy in these uncertain times with regards to the COVID-19 virus. Please be sure to heed the advice of health care experts and follow all recommendations.
The Village of Corfu, Corfu Police Department and the Corfu Volunteer Fire Department has joined together in the effort to offer assistance to vulnerable/elderly residents. Please if you, someone you know, your neighbors, your family members are vulnerable/elderly and in need of assistance or help with anything during this time we ask that you contact one of the numbers below for help.
Village of Corfu Mayor: Tom Sargent (941) 932-3678
Corfu Fire Chief: Greg Lang (585) 507-9245
Deputy Fire Chief: Dean Eck (585) 993-9744
Village Office, Clerk: Jennifer Eck (585) 993-3745
HELP TO STOP THE SPREAD OF COVID-19:
Per the New York State Department of Health, while there is currently no vaccine to prevent this virus, the following steps can help stop the spread of COVID-19 and other respiratory viruses:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Notice: A black drop box has been installed at the village office to the left of the door and will be checked daily (weekdays) This can be used when the sewer bills go out next week and for any other items that would be brought into the village office that is currently closed to the public.
COVID-19 Case Tracker: